WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A GREEN CARD?
If you want to make your dream of living in the U.S. come true, like many people from around the world, getting a Green Card will allow you to enjoy all of it's benefits.
Green Card Benefits
The most important benefit of receiving a U.S. Green Card is that it will allow you to enter the United States as a Permanent Resident, without having to deal with visas and the bureaucracy. As a Green Card holder, you can travel to all 50 US states either by air or land without anyone hassling you.
A Green Card will give you all the rights, except voting, of US citizens without having to renounce your current citizenship. If you are interested in becoming a US citizen, you can always apply for US Citizenship after being a Green Card Holder for five years, in some cases only three years. You do not have to immediately immigrate to the US after receiving your Green Card, but it should be your intention.
Further, there are great benefits to living and working in America:
- The US is the number 1 economy in the world.
- Buying and owning a home is easier than other countries, because the US has a lower cost of living in regions throughout the United States, when compared with countries like Germany.
- The job market in the United States is always expanding which benefits immigrants who want to join the US workforce.
- The U.S. economy has grown significantly over the last 10 years and will likely experience another economic boom.
STUDYING IN THE USA
International students who want to study in the US must pay a higher tuition fees than local students. If you have a Green Card, you will not have to pay the much higher tuition fees.
- University tuition is 80% cheaper for students who have Green Card.
- When you have a Green Card, you don’t have to go through the long and complicated process of applying for a student visa.
- Green Card holders can apply for student loans.
You have the choice of going to Harvard University or Berkeley or any University of your choice. The Green Card will open doors to you to be able to study at prestigious US universities. This will allow you to get a head start on achieving your American dream.
FINANCIAL BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS
International students who are studying in the US usually cannot work in the US without prior authorization. On the other hand, Green Card holders are allowed to work anywhere they want and study. This is a significant advantage of having a Green Card because it widens the job market and expands possibilities. There are many other benefits of studying in the US. You will learn the English language from living in America, which will give you an advantage in today’s job market.
WORKING IN THE US AS AN EMPLOYEE:
A Green Card is a permanent US work and resident permit which frees you up from having to deal with the bureaucratic process of renewing or applying for a work visa. Temporary work visas in the US require that you receive a firm job offer from a US based employer, which can be difficult to achieve. To work in the US you have to have an employer sponsor you.
- As a Green Card holder, you will be able to pick and choose who you want to work for.
- If you need a certain business and trade license, it will be much easier with a Green Card.
- As a permanent resident, you will not be restricted from working like non-Americans who have to meet strict restrictions and conditions.